Katy’s House

807 W 2nd North St.
Morristown, TN

4 beds 3 baths 2,308 sqft

 

Katy’s  house built approx 1885 for J.N.Hill, downtown merchant whose son in law was killed in the New Market train wreck.

Built originally on NW corner lot of now 4 house lots. Divided into boarding house in early 1900’s, was bought at auction for $15000 by Terry (WSCC Drama Director) and Becky Holcomb in mid 1970’s.

After thorough gutting, redoing much electrical etc, was sold in 1982 to Dr/ Mrs Ray, Katy Tindall $79,900.

Extensive additional remodeling done 1982-1999 espec stripping of ALL exterior original paint/repainting with orig comparable colors, replacement of poor construction 1920’s add-on with breakfast/laundry room, full bath, deck and removal of deteriorated barn/horse garage.

After Dr. Tindall’s death in 1999, Katy and their three daughters continued the renewal of their home, fencing in the back yard and adding landscaping. Married in 2009, Pete Klose and Katy Tindall have almost finished the renovation of the Hill/Holcomb/Tindall/Klose house at 807 West 2nd North Street.

W 2nd North St

(actual location) $76/sq foot
$176392
  • (actual location)

E 2nd North Street

$86/square foot
$198488
  • Difference: $22096

Columbia TN

$115/square foot
$265420
  • Difference: $89028

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Historic Morritown's Olde Towne.

You have Successfully Subscribed!